Sunday, May 20, 2012

Daddy will save me :)


Kidnap victim Nayati Shamelin Moodliar said yesterday the thought of his father rescuing him was what kept him strong through his week-long ordeal. 
“I knew daddy would get me home,” Nayati (picture) was quoted as saying yesterday by The New Sunday Times
Speaking about his ordeal for the first time, Nayati admitted he was initially afraid but later grew confident that he would be rescued. 
“There was only once I cried a little... it was on April 30, my mum’s birthday,” he added, prompting a hug from his mother, Janice. 
On his ordeal, Nayati said he was kept in a room with a mattress, pillow and blanket and had a computer which screened movies. 
As for meals, he always asked for chicken rice. 
“Each time they asked me what I wanted to eat, I said chicken rice, or sometimes it was just an apple,” he said. 
“My muay thai teacher told me that chicken would help build my body,” the gutsy 12-year-old added. 
He said he was allowed to shower, was given clothes and a toothbrush. 
Nayati was kidnapped by three people while walking to the Mont Kiara International School near his house here. 
He was found safe at the North-South Expressway rest area at Sungai Buloh at 7.55am after his family secured his release on May 3, from a group of kidnappers with a RM300,000 ransom, the mastermind slipped out of the country and escaped to France. 
It was reported that the mastermind had gone off on his honeymoon with his wife after collecting the ransom. 
His wife, however, came back last week after learning that the husband was wanted for Nayati’s kidnapping. She lodged a police report here. 
Police have recovered more than RM70,000 of the ransom.

No comments: